New measures have been taken in all towns and cities around Romania since the number of infected people has severely risen. Starting 25th of March 2021, the new rules are the following:
Regarding travelling outside your home
1) For all towns and cities where the rate of infection (per 1000 people) has been over 4 for 14 consecutive days: on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, there is a curfew between 8 PM and 5 AM, with the following exceptions:
a) travelling for professional reasons, including between home and the place(s) where the professional activity/activities take(s) place;
b) travelling for medical assistance, which can't be delayed or performed remotely, or for the purchase of medicine;
c) travelling out of town/city for people who are in transit or who are carrying out a journey that overlaps the time of the curfew, such as those carried out by plane, train, bus or other means of passenger transportation; this type of journey has to be proven by a ticket or any other mean of payment;
d) travelling for other justified reasons, such as: assisting or taking care of children, elders, sick people, and people with disabilities or the death of a family member.
2) For all towns and cities where the rate of infection (per 1000 people) has been over 7.5 for 14 consecutive days, the 8 PM - 5 AM curfew applies for all days of the week. The same exceptions apply.
3) For all towns and cities where the rate of infection (per 1000 people) has been equal to 3.5 or lower for 14 consecutive days, the normal curfew (10 PM - 5 AM) is applied.
If you are travelling during the curfew, you must be able to provide a work ID, a certificate issued by your employer or an affidavit/declaration on own responsibility (which you have to complete beforehand; you can find an example HERE).
Regarding shops, bars, restaurants and other economic operators
- In cases 1) and 2) (which were mentioned beforehand), all economic operators (shops, bars, restaurants, museums etc.) should carry out trade/service activities in closed and/or open spaces, public and/or private, to organize and carry out their activity between 5 AM and 6 PM (on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for a 4-7.5 infection rate and on all days of the week for an infection rate over 7.5).
- If the infection rate is equal to 3.5 or lower, all economic operators (shops, bars, restaurants, museums etc.) should carry out trade/service activities in closed and/or open spaces, public and/or private, to organize and carry out their activity between 5 AM and 9 PM.
- Pharmaceutical establishments, petrol stations, economic operators with home delivery activity may carry out their activity in a normal working regime, in compliance with the sanitary protection norms.
Important (for towns/cities with an infection rate over 4): The ban on indoor operation for bars/clubs/discos is maintained. In addition, all gyms are closed, and all fitness-related activities held in closed spaces are banned.
To give you an idea, the infection rate for Bucharest (as reported on the 4th of April 2021) is equal to 6.85.
You can find more information and updates HERE. The information is in Romanian, but if you open the website in Google Chrome, you can get the English translation.